Handal Engineering Sdn Bhd, established in 1985, is a Malaysian engineering and trading Company providing specialized equipment and engineering services. The Company operated initially as an agent supplying a variety of equipment for offshore oil and gas facilities including offshore platform cranes manufactured overseas and piping systems for onshore tank terminals and refinery as well as process equipment for petrochemical plants.
- In the year 1995, Handal Engineering was contracted by ExxonMobil to remove and recondition old and underperforming cranes.
- In the year 1996, Handal Engineering expanded its business activities in the downstream refinery and petrochemical industry from being just equipment supplier to supplier and installer.
- In the year 2000, Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd awarded Handal Engineering an offshore crane service contract similar to that of ExxonMobil. In 2001, in line with Petronas’ aspiration to develop Bumiputra-owned companies in the oil and gas industry, Handal Engineering was restructured via an injection of all its pedestal crane assets and transfer of personnel into Handal Offshore Services Sdn Bhd.
- By the year 2006, Handal Engineering matured into both an equipment and service provider with two major onshore PCC projects; one involving a major refinery shutdown and the other, a Lubricant Plant.
- To date, Handal Engineering has taken up a EPCC project as well as plant new projects term contract.
- The principal business activities of Handal Engineering are in the Oil, Gas, Refinery and Petrochemical. Presently, Handal Engineering is involved in downstream selling and servicing of plant associated equipment, fabrication and servicing of industrial equipment such as tank and piping systems. Handal Engineering also supplies mooring systems for upstream activities and offers specialised consultancy and support services for engineering projects both upstream and downstream.
Handal Engineering is registered with Ministry of Finance (Bumiputra status’ company), Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB), Petronas, MISC & MMHE.
Effective 1 November 2009, Handal Engineering was fully acquired by Handal Resources Berhad to become its wholly owned subsidiary. Further to this exercise and in addition to its existing activities, Handal Engineering is currently acting as a project management company and contractor in the related activities of oil and gas industry.