PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT (PDPA)
Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), Handal Resources Berhad and its subsidiary companies (collectively referred to in this notice as “HANDAL”) are mindful and committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy.
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out on how HANDAL collect and handle your personal data in accordance with the PDPA and the personal data protection principles which set out in the Act.
1. Type of Personal Data
Personal data means any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and which was processed by HANDAL for the purposes stated in Section 3 below. The type of data processed by HANDAL regarding individuals may include but not limited to the following:
- Identity card number
- Passport number
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Details of next of kin
- Marital status
- Telephone and facsimile numbers
- Email address
- Education background
- Membership of professional associations
- Ethnic origin
- Academic qualification
- Name of academic institution
- Examination/course/training currently pursued
- Present employment record
- Last drawn salary
- Previous employment record
- Notice period for termination of service
- Expected salary
- Particulars of spouse/children/family members
- Language skills
- Membership of professional associations/societies
- Character referees
- Law obligations
- Financial details such as credit card number, income range, banking account details
- Image by way of video or photo shooting during our seminar and corporate events
- Other information in connection any of our services, transactions, survey, questionnaire or communication with HANDAL
- IP addresses, web browser software and other information collected automatically when you visit to our website
- Any other personal data relates directly or indirectly to you including sensitive personal data as defined under the Act
All acts of processing the above personal data will be carried out in compliance with the Act. As defined in the Act, “processing” in relation to personal data, means collecting, recording, holding or storing the personal data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the personal data.
- Source of Personal Data
Handal Group collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from a variety of sources, including but not limited to the following:
- through job application form
- through inquiry or communication made with or to us
- through our website
- at any events, conferences or seminars organised by HANDAL.
- at any public events, conferences or seminars
- through your legal representatives, employer or employee, service provider such as outsourcing IT, human resources and accounting services and bankers
- from third parties sources such as fraud prevention agencies, credit bureau reported, credit references agencies
- through other public available source of information
- Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
In order for HANDAL to provide you with our Product and/or Services and also for us to operate in efficient and effective manner, we may need to collect relevant personal data from you.
Personal data that you provide will be processed for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
- hiring purposes – to fill vacant positions in HANDAL.
- administration of client accounts including billing, payment, debt collection and credit assessment
- delivery of our services whether present or future
- marketing of our services whether present or future
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements
- Purposes of Processing Personal Data
HANDAL processes your personal data only for specific and limited purposes. You agree that all personal data collected and/or processed by HANDAL may include but not be limited to the following purposes:
- To communicate with you;
- To inform you of our products and services;
- To respond to your queries;
- To process applications for and the provision of HANDAL’s Products and/or Services;
- For marketing purposes and research purposes;
- For all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
- Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
As a general rule, HANDAL will not use or disclose personal data about an individual other than for its primary purpose of collection, unless:
- The individual has consented to the use or disclosure
- The use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for a specific purpose by or on behalf of a regulatory or enforcement
Your personal data may be disclosed to certain third parties as required under law, to perform functions on HANDAL’s behalf, pursuant to relevant contractual relationship or for the purpose as stated in Clause 3 above (or directly related to those purpose). In doing so, we will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards. HANDAL may provide access or disclose personal data to third parties such as those listed below (not exhaustive):
- our third party service providers such as auditors, accountants, lawyers, company secretary, consultants, contractors, professional advisors, service providers, marketing companies, printing companies, event organisers, other advisors, travel agencies and insurance
- banks and financial institutions
- regulatory and governmental authorities, statutory authorities, local council and industry regulator in order to comply with statutory and government
6. Personal Data Integrity
HANDAL will take reasonable steps to ensure that the collected personal data is accurate, complete, up-to-date and not misleading to be used or disclosed.
7. Personal Data Security
HANDAL will take reasonable steps to protect the personal data that is in our possession from loss, misuse, modification, alteration, accidental access, disclosure or destruction.
8. Personal Data Retention
HANDAL will not keep personal data for longer than is necessary and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently delete the personal data if it is no longer required by the company.
9. Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to access and correct your personal data held by us, except where compliance with the request to such access or correction is refused under the Act or subject always to certain exemptions. We will make every attempt to ensure that your personal data is accurate and up to date and therefore should you need to make any changes to your information you must notify us directly.
In submitting your request to access or correct or verify your personal Data, you are required to provide proof of your identity, addresses and sufficient information for identification purposes. On receipt of your written request, we may comply or refuse to your request to access or rectify your personal information. Should we refuse to your request, we will notify you the reasons of such refusal.
We may also decide to impose a charge upon the individual to cover the cost of verifying a request for information and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
In addition, in accordance with the Act, an individual may forward a written request to HANDAL’s Personal Data Protection Compliance Officer to stop processing personal data.
10. Contact for Inquiries and Complaints Regarding Personal Data
Any inquiries or complaints with respect to your Personal Data may be channeled to Handal Resources Berhad by submitting such request via post, email and facsimile transmission to the following address:
Personal Data Protection Compliance Officer
HANDAL RESOURCES BERHAD
No 16 C, Jalan 51A/225
46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
T : 603 7875 0150
F: 603 7876 6394
- Acceptance of The Policy
By publishing this policy in this website; www.handalresources.com.my we shall deem that our customers and/or clients have already been notified and have accepted our PDPA policy.
In the absence of written notification from you, it is deemed that you have consented to the processing, usage and dissemination of your personal information in the manner, to the extent and within the scope of this Personal Data Policy.
HANDAL RESOURCES BERHAD
01 March 2017